Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Beautiful Blanche

6 months ago I met this amazing women. Her name is Blanche. At first I would see her and well I was in a hurry to get to work and I would pass her. Then after a day or two I noticed how she would pick flower along the way and felt that God spoke to me saying I should do the same. We started smiling at each other and then we started talking and we became friends. I had a chance to have lunch with her once and met some of the others at the community she lived in. I looked forward to seeing her every morning and getting my big hug and always the most beautiful smile and a squeeze of the hand and have a great day. There were some days we didn't see each other and I would miss the blessing of her hug. If we didn't see each other for a few days she would worry about me. She thanked me one day for taking the time to make an old women feel like she still mattered. At that I told her that she made my day and I looked forward to her smile and hug and that she had touched my heart. She was so sweet. All of this is to say that on Monday I found out that she died Thursday.

I know that God put her in my life. Being new to the area I don't have many friends and my church friends I only see on Sunday and some times Wednesday. Some times I feel alone and lacking close contact with others. Blanche fixed that problem. She made sure I felt needed and special. She will be greatly missed.

No comments: