Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Charlie

Before I started this post I asked Jason, what's his name? I'm refering to our resident gecko. I'm not sure how I feel about Charlie. When we first moved into our apartment I thought I wanted gecko's to keep the roaches out. I'm not sure about that now. When we first moved roaches were the worst. Now that I have a spray bottle of soapy water (kills them in seconds) and catnip (which help to keep them away) I think I'm ok with roaches. Charlie is most likely helping keep the number of roaches down too. The thing with charlie is that he makes me jump out of my skin once a day or so. He jumps like crrazy. The first day I met him he was in out closet that holds out trash can. I saw somehting move like lightning, I knew roaches don't move that fast. Them after watching him bounce around I figured that it was a gecko. Now most mornings he darts back to the stove area and I jump. This is not the best way to wake up in the morning. I only hope the he doesn't move any friends in with him. I've heard that they can get really noisy. So far I have heard any noise out of charlie and I hope he keeps it that way. If he starts makin noise I really won't like him.

No comments: