Sunday, July 8, 2007

What do I feel?

I feel so undone that I don't even know what to think. As some of you know I'm a very planned person and not the best at change. Right now everything is so up in the air. It looks like I will be trying out a job for 2 weeks. If I like it I will be changing perfesions in to the food service industry. Of couse I can't start small. I will be trying out assistant managing at a Italian Resurant in downtown Honolulu. Also if the owner likes the way I take care of things I will be transfered to take over the new resturant in Waikiki. Nothing like a little pressure. I will be keeping my current job and working 7:30-4:15 there and going strait to the resurant to work from 5-9. Jason is a little worried that I will get overwhelmed. I'm excited for the change. But has left me feeling like a fish out of water. With that schedule It will greatly limit my time with Jason. I have been blessed with having 4 evenings during the week with him and that will go away if I stay at the resturant. But I will have Sat & Sun off.

Emotionally I'm confused. I have found that when I feel this way I have 2 movies that I tend to watch that make me feel better but I'm unsure why. The first one is Just Like Heaven ans the other is Ten Things I Hate About You. Which I watched both tonight. Just Like Heaven I think helps put things in perspective. Ten Things I Hate About You I think helps me see that what we're looking for is not always in the place we look but somewhere unexpected. All I know is I feel a little better.

I still feel emotionally unstable. This always happens when things are unsure and not concrete. Change is good but is very shaking for me. Funny thing is that I sent out 10-15 resumes and the Italian resurant is the only one that contacted me. Either it is GOD saving me from confusion or the other option is very depressing so I'll stick with the lack of confusion.

1 comment:

SJ said...

Wow, that will be a bit of pressure. I'm sure you will catch on to the new job quickly :) I'll be praying for you and Jason that you have the time you need together.