Monday, December 3, 2007

Moving right along

This weekend we moved into our new place. Our Church is sooo great. They announced it at church that we needed help moving. We had about 5 trucks, a mini van, SUV and a few cars about 15 people show up. So we were all ready when everyone arrived. It took 30 min to load everything up and another 30 min to unload. They is the fasted move I have ever been involved in yet alone had my self.

On another note. My forced early resignation letter had a little bite today. I received a letter in my mail box informing me that even though I had said my last day would be Jan 4th. They wrote that they request my last day will be the 24th of Dec. It's bad enough that it is Christmas Eve. What makes it worse is that I had put in a vacation request before I knew I would be leaving asking for Dec 24th - Jan 1 off. So tomorrow I will go to them and let them know that with that in mind my last day will be Dec 21st.

We are still in the midst of unpacking. Overwhelmed with everything going on and surrounded by mess. Of course this comes just after I have noticed I focus way too much on the negative and am making an effort to focus on the positive. Tomorrow I will take the bus for the 1st time to work. So I plan on leaving extra early since I could find the exact bus I need to take on line. The good news I know that the bus right in front of our new place will get me to work. It may not the the quickest one but it will get me there.

No comments: