Saturday, October 6, 2007

Colorado

Yea we're here. Can we go home now??? Funny thing that just under a year ago Colorado was the only home we had ever had. My family moved to Colorado when I was 6. Jason was born in Colorado. So I find it funny that in 11 months we have totally adapted to our new home in Hawaii. At dinner the other night all my table mates were a liitle taken back by my refering to Hawaii as home. They thought I should still refer to Colorado as home and Hawaii as where I live.

After being here for 2 days my wonderful husband asked can we go home now. We love the people here. All our family and friends are great. For Jason Colorado in the fall is torture. The fact that everything is dying and the feeling in the air make him feel a little off. He just doesn't like the way he feels. I too am not liking the way my skin is soooo dry, I can't drink enought water to stop the the dryness in my mouth and it hurt to breath the air is too dry. We are also struggling to get our bodies to adapt to the time change.

What is wonderful about our trip so far is the people. I realize how much I miss having good friends. Just sitting around sharing. I know back home this will happen eventually but for now I wish I could bring back friends with me.

1 comment:

SJ said...

It was GREAT seeing you two today :D Thanks for making time to get together with me for lunch.